Saturday, April 22, 2006

Mind Games 1: Parallel Conversations

Have you ever thought that communicating in an instant messaging mode with another soul is to a certain extent a miracle…

It is true that so many things are missing. We don’t listen to a voice, we don’t see the eyes, the overall body language, the smiles, some gestures…

But, probably like blind people do, the few things we count with to communicate with the other soul, get overdeveloped and on the alert. Extremely sensitive, letters communicate feelings and emotions, and silences as well.

Changing subjects now, what is a parallel conversation? Oh, this all of us know it very well. This is when your mouth let some words go out but your mind is thinking of absolutely different things. Lets see some examples:

She says: Sorry, do you have light please?
She thinks: I’ve never seen such beautiful eyes before

He says: I can’t talk now. I’m in a meeting. Shall I call you later?
He thinks: What an unbearable person. No way I will talk to him

She says: Oh, I’d love to go out tonight with you but I’ve got plans already…
She thinks: What a shame he didn’t ask before…Now I can’t cancel the dinner with my sister
He thinks: She does not like me. She’s going out with a guy she really likes

Lovely parallel conversations with ourselves.

Now jumping back to the first subject, sometimes, in fact very few occasions, you can have such an intense and subtle communication with the other soul, so full of deep joy, that you can openly play some mind games. In this case, the parallel conversations mind game. Nice one. I did it for the first time few days ago with this special soul.

It was such a great sensation. Both conversations, the explicit and the hidden, written together and simultaneously. Exactly as it happens in our mind, no? Simultaneously. Fun. Joy for both souls.

I think I’ve said this before, but this is what I call happiness. Instants of deep joy. You can be happy some minutes while it happens. But don’t forget how many more times you will be happy just remembering this sort of magic moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home